i-nexus helps local NHS Trust to strengthen governance and efficiency with central tracking and visibility for ideas and projects. Here’s why University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust has chosen i-nexus to support its efforts, as i-nexus’ Gillian Wilson covers.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) are working with i-nexus to streamline project management – here’s what you need to know about how we’re helping the NHS Trust.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust are one of the largest Teaching Trusts in the UK. The Trust comprises two hospitals (University Hospital, Coventry and St. Cross Hospital, Rugby) serving a population of over a million people.
UHCW employs over 8,700 staff and delivers acute healthcare to the population of Coventry & Rugby as well as more specialist services to that population and regionally.
The University Hospital site is one of the most modern healthcare facilities in Europe with 1,005 beds and 26 operating theatres. The facility in Rugby has 110 beds and six operating theatres, including one mobile theatre.
Managing projects successfully to achieve the best outcomes for patients and deliver value for money is a key challenge for the modern NHS. Now more than ever, innovation, ideas and robust project management plays a vital role to address the management challenges facing the NHS.
The complexity and speed of change demand the adoption of a structured and systematic approach to tracking ideas and projects.
UHCW required one tool that provided an overview of the whole Trust so that ideas and lessons learned could be shared more effectively.
What’s more, they required a solution to robustly manage outcomes-based financial incentives. This includes areas such as continuous improvement, government-mandated quality indicators, commissioning, quality, innovation, productivity and prevention programmes.
How did i-nexus answer UHCW’s challenge?
UHCW turned to i-nexus to provide a 360 view of the organisation so leaders at UHCW could align strategy, track benefits, manage resources and risks, as well as prioritise activities that provide the biggest benefits.
During the onboarding phase, i-nexus helped the NHS to identify a single source of the truth.
We identified 23 separate business units and 78 roles that could benefit from a technology solution to grant them visibility of ideas and projects across the organisation.
This work has helped to eliminate many inconsistent and unreliable working practices, lists, spreadsheets and KPI tracking approaches.
The benefits of the i-nexus Strategy Execution platform for UHCW
i-nexus worked with UHCW to implement an organisation-wide technology solution that:
- Supports strategic alignment and safeguards transformation goals through the provision of a central place for all ideas and projects that deliver managers 360 visibility across the whole Trust;
- Enables a reduction in project cycle time and robust benefits tracking;
- Provides a visual dashboard to enable robust project management and manage government mandate quality performance indicators;
Watch this space as we continue to deliver value for UHCW and expand our number of customers operating in the public sector.
Continue reading around this subject
We have a wealth of resources freely available to digest, all designed to help you achieve your strategic goals. We’ve hand-picked the below to set you on the right track.
- Why integrated care systems require world-class Strategy Execution technology: Demands are ever-growing on public services, here’s how a Strategy Execution platform can help integrated care services deliver on their strategies.
- Why Excel and PowerPoint aren’t the right tools for your strategy: Discover the common pitfalls associated with traditional tools, and the stats you need to know
- The top 10 trends to watch out for with Strategy Execution in 2019: We’re amid a shift in mindset when it comes to Strategy Execution – this is what to look out for.
About the author
Gillian has a rich background in strategy execution, supporting and advising public and private sector organisations across the globe to achieve their strategic goals.