In 2015 CRH acquired $8Bn in assets from LafargeHolcin with commitments to realize significant synergies from the deal. i-nexus was chosen as ideal system to manage synergy initiatives and achieve full visibility into future savings.
The challenges CRH had before choosing i-nexus:
- how to create accountability for delivery of synergy benefits;
- how to keep focus on synergy realization as the acquisition is integrated;
- how to increase confidence in the forecast of expected savings.
i-nexus software was implemented to track and validate benefits from 200+ synergy projects. Also an automated monthly reporting cycle was implemented to drive accountability and enable management by exception.
i-nexus provided CHR with a solid governance system for synergy realization and enabled them to align, track and gain full visibility on the integration initiatives.
Some of the benefits include:
- increased confidence in synergy benefit projections;
- 25% increase in % of commitments realised on-time;
- significant reduction in wasted effort reporting benefits.