Cookies are used on i-nexus’ websites and products. Your browser gives you a variety of controls with respect to cookie control and whether they remain after the session or after you restart the browser. For more information see your browser’s privacy controls.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie (HTTP cookie or web/Internet/browser cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while browsing that website. Every time you load a website, your browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of your previous activity. Cookies were made to remember stateful information like items in your shopping cart or logging in, clicking particular buttons, or recording which pages were visited previously (as far back as months or years).
2. Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect;
- Save you from having to log in every time you visit the site;
- Remember your settings during and between visits;
- Improve the speed/security of the site;
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook;
- Personalize our site to you to help you get what you need faster;
- Continuously improve our website for you;
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission);
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties;
- Pay sales commissions.
4. More about our cookies
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not;
- Remembering your search settings;
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions;
- Allowing you to add comments to our site;
- Tailoring content to your needs;
- Remembering your preferences such as colors, text size, and layout;
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies from being set other than not using our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social website cookies
We use these so you can easily like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site improvement cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
Turning cookies off. You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called “spyware.” Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
More useful information
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh.